Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best of the Valley Quilt Show

We enjoyed our first vendor booth experience at the BOV Quilt Show last weekend. We didn't know what to take, how to set it up, or what to do. So we just jumped in anyway & it turned out just fine. Our booth wasn't the most sophisticated or the most efficient, but it was our first & everyone was very kind. The other vendors from out of town were really helpful. They are masters at setting up their booths almost every weekend, so we made several new friends.
I even bought some sparkly yarn from the yarn lady to put highlights in the mermaid's hair.
The button lady sold me some beautiful buttons - many found new homes yesterday!
It was our "one week birthday," which amused many of our visitors, & we entertained the nearby vendors with our enthusiastic invitations to our Grand Opening on May 14.
We sold out of several bolts, which I promptly came home to reorder.
Lots of folks stopped in to say they've been following our blog or watching our development on Face Book. It was great to meet them & find out ther
really are readers out there!
Over all, it was an amazingly positive
first experience.
If you weren't able to come to the show,
I hope you'll come next year. The quilt entries were pretty awesome.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to see that you are up and running with your shop!!! Hope it is a wonderfully successful venture for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life has been a bit hectic for me lately and I missed your big day but wanted to say " Congratulations!!!!!!!" A dream come true for you! I'm so excited for you and wish you mucho success! I'm sure when things settle down you will be able to breathe but for now... take it slow and enjoy the rush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!
    It's wild & hectic, but so much fun. I do so appreciate all the long distance support. I hope you'll be able to visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete