Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A year ago...


Here we are, Thanksgiving time again, & I'm feeling pretty thankful. I have the most wonderful family & I can't wait to get my arms around them this weekend. I love to have everyone together. But I've been thinking about the past year.
A year ago,
I didn't know if this crazy shop idea would work...
I wasn't sure how I'd balance my classroom & run the shop...
I didn't even know the wonderful Mermaid Crew girls who work so hard helping us...
I wasn't sure if we'd even be able to afford employees...
I didn't know how to choose & order fabric...
I didn't know if anyone would like the fabric I select...
I didn't know how to run a cash register or inventory fabric...
I didn't know if Porterville could support a fabric shop...
I didn't know if we could afford a shop on Main Street...
I had no idea how quickly I'd need to reorder tools & supplies...
I couldn't imagine the positive reception we'd get from the local quilters...
I didn't know if I could talk my sweet hubby into installing the wires for hanging quilts...
I had no clue he'd be so enamored with the Handi Quilter he'd become an instructor & dealer...
I didn't know how many new friends I'd make...
I wasn't even acquainted with many of my fabulous teachers...
I didn't know how supportive & helpful they'd be...
This Thanksgiving, think about how far you've come, or how many positive changes you've made in the past year. Think about the new people in your life. Consider the changes that have come about & the lessons learned.
Be grateful for the new as well as the familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment