Saturday, June 2, 2012

Friday Night Fever

had quite a fun crowd. I couldn't have put a more interesting, enjoyable group together if I'd sent invitations!











When I arrived after a long, hot Friday at school, several had already staked out their space & were already getting started.



They were working on a variety of projects from Christmas to bags, kids' quilts, & Double Diamonds. Some were designing their own patterns, some carefully following directions. Some were experienced, some pretty new to sewing. It was fun to watch them all interact & help each other. Some were acquainted before, but all were sewing buddies by the time they went home.















By the end of the evening, I'd finished up some overdue chores. I felt renewed & ready for the weekend. How is that possible?
I made chicken pasta salad & sourdough bread for dinner. Dessert was warm apple crisp & ice cream or whipped cream (or both!)
You might want to plan on joining us next month. Put it on your calendar & reserve your spot early.

No comments:

Post a Comment